Wednesday, May 27, 2009

living the middle...

"I was reading a book the other day (shocking!) and this phrase caught my eye "Don't you go and give up in the middle of the story."

The middle of the story is the hardest part. As a wannabe author, it's the hardest part to write and every creative writing class I've taken has stressed this. It's hard to write the middle.

It's hard to live the middle too. I've always heard that our lives are a story, but I don't think of it that way. I picture our lives as a series of short stories, each one separate but together making a whole. It's easy to look back on individual stories and see how the middle worked to connect the beginning and the end, the invisible spirit of God weaving it's way through the parts and binding it together. That's why they say hindsight is 20/20. Looking back is much easier than looking in the midst."
--Kayla Aimee Terrell (read more on her blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment